- 1 Who holds the most Academy Awards for leading actress?
- 2 What female has won the most Academy Awards?
- 3 What Hepburn won 4 Oscars?
- 4 What movies did Katharine Hepburn win an Oscar for?
- 5 Who is the youngest person to win Best Actress?
- 6 What movie received the most Oscars?
- 7 Who is the most awarded actress of all time?
- 8 Who was the first woman to win an Oscar?
- 9 Who won the most Oscars in one night?
- 10 How many Oscars did Audrey Hepburn?
- 11 Who won most Oscars of all time?
- 12 Did Katharine Hepburn attend the Oscars?
- 13 Who has refused an Oscar?
- 14 Which director has won the most Oscars?
- 15 Which male has won the most Oscars?
Who holds the most Academy Awards for leading actress?
Katharine Hepburn won four Academy Awards (all for Best Actress), more than any other actor or actress in the history of the award.
What female has won the most Academy Awards?
Katharine Hepburn has won the most awards in this category, with four Oscars. With 17 nominations, Meryl Streep is the most nominated in this category, resulting in two wins.
What Hepburn won 4 Oscars?
During her 66-year acting career, Katharine Hepburn won four Oscars, but she never came to a ceremony to receive them. “As for me, prizes are nothing,” she once said. “My prize is my work.” Still, four best actress — or actor — awards is an unbeaten feat, akin to Wilt Chamberlain scoring 100 points in an NBA game.
What movies did Katharine Hepburn win an Oscar for?
Hepburn partnered in nine films with Spencer Tracy, winning an Oscar for Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner. She also won Oscars for The Lion in Winter and On Golden Pond. She received a Kennedy Center Honors award in 1990.
Who is the youngest person to win Best Actress?
1 Marlee Matlin – Children Of A Lesser God (1986)
Marlee Matlin is not only the youngest Best Leading Actress winner to date, she happens to be the only deaf woman to win the award as well.
What movie received the most Oscars?
Movies with the most Oscars:
- 11 wins. “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” (2003) “Titanic” (1997) “Ben-Hur” (1959)
- 10 wins. “West Side Story” (1961)
- 9 wins. “The English Patient” (1996) “The Last Emperor” (1987) “Gigi” (1958)
- 8 wins. “Slumdog Millionaire” (2008) “Amadeus” (1984) “Gandhi” (1982) “Cabaret” (1972)
Who is the most awarded actress of all time?
1 Katharine Hepburn: 4 Wins (12 Nominations)
The first was in 1934 for Morning Glory.
Who was the first woman to win an Oscar?
First Woman To Win A Best Picture Oscar: Julia Phillips
The film’s success paved the way for Julia and Michael to make Taxi Driver just two years later; in 1977, they earned another Best Picture nomination for the dark Martin Scorsese classic.
Who won the most Oscars in one night?
The “Parasite” director Bong Joon Ho won four Oscars on Sunday night at the 92nd Academy Awards: best original screenplay, best international feature film, best director, and best picture. Bong matched the record set by Walt Disney in 1954 for most Oscars won in a single night by one person.
How many Oscars did Audrey Hepburn?
List of Audrey Hepburn’s awards
|Hepburn as Princess Ann in Roman Holiday (1953), her first major starring role and one of her most critically acclaimed|
|Emmy Awards, Primetime||1||1|
Who won most Oscars of all time?
Who has won the most Oscars of all time? The person who has triumphed more times at the Oscars than anyone else in history is Walt Disney. America’s most iconic filmmaker racked up a whopping 26 Oscars, four of which were honorary awards, and he also holds the record for the most nominations on record – 59.
Did Katharine Hepburn attend the Oscars?
Katharine Hepburn holds a Hollywood record for being nominated 12 times and winning four Oscars over her long career, but she never attended the ceremony to hear her name called.
Who has refused an Oscar?
Scott. Scott declined his best actor nomination for “Patton” in 1970, and had the decency to let the Academy know that he would refuse the award if he won. He won anyway, and reportedly called the Oscars a “two-hour meat parade.” Today, the American actor would be irate that the “meat parade” often exceeds four hours.
Which director has won the most Oscars?
Present-Day Directors With The Highest Number Of Oscar Wins
- 8 Sam Mendes – 12 Oscars.
- 7 Ang Lee – 12 Oscars.
- 6 Clint Eastwood – 13 Oscars.
- 5 Francis Ford Coppola – 18 Oscars.
- 4 Peter Jackson – 20 Oscars.
- 3 Martin Scorsese – 20 Oscars.
- 2 James Cameron – 21 Oscars.
- 1 Steven Spielberg – 32 Oscars.
Which male has won the most Oscars?
16 Actors With The Most Academy Awards, Ranked
- 1 Jack Nicholson: 3 Wins (12 Nominations)
- 2 Daniel Day-Lewis: 3 Wins (6 Nominations)
- 3 Walter Brennan: 3 Wins (4 Nominations)
- 4 Spencer Tracy: 2 Wins (9 Nominations)
- 5 Marlon Brando: 2 Wins (8 Nominations)
- 6 Jack Lemmon: 2 Wins (8 Nominations)