- 1 Who was nominated for best actor in 1994?
- 2 What film won Best Picture in 1994?
- 3 Who was nominated for best actor in 1993?
- 4 What movie won best picture over Shawshank?
- 5 Who won the most Oscars?
- 6 Who was the first black person to host the Oscars?
- 7 Did the piano win best picture?
- 8 What did Forrest Gump beat at the Oscars?
- 9 Did Forrest Gump win best picture?
- 10 Who won Oscars Godfather?
- 11 Who was nominated for best actor in 1992?
- 12 Which of these films won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1993?
- 13 What’s the worst Best Picture winner?
- 14 Which films have won all 5 major Oscars?
- 15 Did Tim Robbins won an Oscar for Shawshank Redemption?
Who was nominated for best actor in 1994?
Picture: “Forrest Gump,” “Four Weddings and a Funeral,” “Pulp Fiction,” “Quiz Show,” “The Shawshank Redemption.” Actor: Morgan Freeman, “The Shawshank Redemption”; Tom Hanks, “Forrest Gump”; Nigel Hawthorne, “The Madness of King George”; Paul Newman, “Nobody’s Fool”; John Travolta, “Pulp Fiction.”
What film won Best Picture in 1994?
- Schindler’s List. Steven Spielberg, Gerald R. Molen and Branko Lustig, Producers.
- The Fugitive. Arnold Kopelson, Producer.
- In the Name of the Father. Jim Sheridan, Producer.
- The Piano. Jan Chapman, Producer.
- The Remains of the Day. Mike Nichols, John Calley and Ismail Merchant, Producers.
Who was nominated for best actor in 1993?
Al Pacino won the headline with nominations in two categories–best actor and supporting actor, his seventh and eighth Oscar mentions.
What movie won best picture over Shawshank?
“Forrest Gump” beat “Pulp Fiction” and “The Shawshank Redemption” for best picture (1995)
Who won the most Oscars?
The most successful figure to date in the history of the Academy Awards is Katharine Hepburn, who won four Oscars throughout her acting career.
Actors with the most Oscars from 1929 to 2020.
|Number of Oscars|
Who was the first black person to host the Oscars?
When Whoopi Goldberg (1950–) hosted the Sixty-sixth Annual Academy Awards telecast on March 21, 1994, she became the first black and the first solo woman ever to host the event. More than one billion people watched the Oscars that year.
Did the piano win best picture?
Schindler’s List won seven awards, including Best Picture. Other winners included Jurassic Park and The Piano with three awards, Philadelphia with two, and The Age of Innocence, Belle Époque, Defending Our Lives, The Fugitive, I Am a Promise: The Children of Stanton Elementary School, Mrs.
What did Forrest Gump beat at the Oscars?
Forrest Gump ended up sweeping the Academy Awards—sucking up six wins in total, for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Film Editing, and Best Visual Effects in addition to Zemeckis’s statuette—a fait accompli.
Did Forrest Gump win best picture?
Forrest Gump won six Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Director, Best Visual Effects, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Film Editing. Hanks became the first actor since Spencer Tracy to win two consecutive Academy Awards for Best Actor; he won the previous year for Philadelphia.
Who won Oscars Godfather?
Along with a Best Picture statue, Marlon Brando won Best Actor for his performance as Don Corleone. Coppola shared the Best Screenplay Oscar with Mario Puzo. The other four nominations came for Best Music (Nino Rota), Best Editing, Best Sound, and Best Costume Design.
Who was nominated for best actor in 1992?
Actor in a Leading Role
- Anthony Hopkins. The Silence of the Lambs.
- Warren Beatty. Bugsy.
- Robert De Niro. Cape Fear.
- Nick Nolte. The Prince of Tides.
- Robin Williams. The Fisher King.
Which of these films won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1993?
|65th Academy Awards|
|Most awards||Unforgiven (4)|
|Most nominations||Howards End and Unforgiven (9)|
|TV in the United States|
What’s the worst Best Picture winner?
Here we look back on the 11 most disappointing best picture winners and choose the nominees that should have won:
- “Shakespeare in Love” (1998)
- “How Green Was My Valley” (1941)
- “Crash” (2005)
- “Dances with Wolves” (1990)
- “Green Book” (2018)
- “Chicago” (2002)
- “The King’s Speech” (2010)
- “Argo” (2012)
Which films have won all 5 major Oscars?
Only three films have won all five of these major awards: It Happened One Night (1934), One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975), and The Silence of the Lambs (1991).
Did Tim Robbins won an Oscar for Shawshank Redemption?
He is most well-known for his portrayal of Andy Dufresne in the film The Shawshank Redemption, and has won an Academy Award and three Golden Globes for his roles in the films Mystic River (2003), Short Cuts (1993) and The Player (1992). He received an Academy Award nomination for Best Director for Dead Man Walking.