- 1 What movies were nominated for best picture in 1952?
- 2 Who won the most Academy Awards for best actor?
- 3 Who won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1957?
- 4 What movie did Humphrey Bogart win an Academy Award for?
- 5 Who was the first Indian to win two Oscars?
- 6 Who won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1954?
- 7 Who is the best actor of all time?
- 8 Which female actor has won the most Oscars?
- 9 Who is best actor in the world?
- 10 Did Anna and the King win any Oscars?
- 11 Did Cantinflas win an Oscar?
- 12 What does Bogart mean?
- 13 Did Bogart and Hepburn get along?
- 14 Who did Humphrey Bogart marry?
What movies were nominated for best picture in 1952?
- Danger under the Sea. Short Subject (Two-reel) – Tom Mead, Producer.
- David and Bathsheba. 5 Nominations. Music (Music Score of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture) – Alfred Newman.
- Death of a Salesman. 5 Nominations.
- Decision before Dawn. Best Motion Picture – Anatole Litvak and Frank McCarthy, Producers.
- Detective Story. 4 Nominations.
Who won the most Academy Awards for best actor?
Since its inception, the award has been given to 83 actors. Daniel Day-Lewis has received the most awards in this category, with three wins. Spencer Tracy and Laurence Olivier were nominated on nine occasions, more than any other actor.
Who won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1957?
The big winner in 1957 was David Lean’s epic (almost three hour long) prison-war film based on Pierre Boulle’s best-selling World War II novel The Bridge On The River Kwai (with eight nominations and seven Oscars – Best Picture (producer Sam Spiegel), Best Actor (Alec Guinness), Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best
What movie did Humphrey Bogart win an Academy Award for?
Casablanca won the Academy Award for Best Picture at the 16th Academy Awards for 1943. Bogart was nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role, but lost to Paul Lukas for his performance in Watch on the Rhine.
Who was the first Indian to win two Oscars?
Indian with most number of Oscar awards is AR Rahman. Music composer AR Rahman is the only Indian to have won two Oscar awards, which is the most for any Indian. Rahman won the ‘Best Original Song’ and ‘Best Original Score’ awards in 2009 for his composition in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
Who won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1954?
The win was a culmination of four consecutive Best Actor nominations for Brando (starting with A Streetcar Named Desire in 1951), a record that remains unmatched to this day. Grace Kelly won Best Actress for The Country Girl in an even bigger upset.
Who is the best actor of all time?
Jack Nicholson is the best actor of all time. He has been nominated over ten times for both Oscar and Golden Globe awards. In total, he has won 85 awards and been a nominee for 101 awards. Of all these, Jack has three Oscars and seven Golden Globes.
Which female actor has won the most Oscars?
The most successful figure to date in the history of the Academy Awards is Katharine Hepburn, who won four Oscars throughout her acting career.
Who is best actor in the world?
Top 10 Best Actors In The World
- Robert De Niro. Actor | Raging Bull.
- Al Pacino. Actor | Serpico.
- Mammootty. Actor | Mathilukal.
- Tom Hanks. Producer | Cast Away.
- Denzel Washington. Actor | Fences.
- Michael Caine. Actor | The Dark Knight.
- Morgan Freeman. Actor | Se7en.
- Leonardo DiCaprio. Actor | Inception.
Did Anna and the King win any Oscars?
The King and I, in its big-screen form, had a much splashier Oscar reception (it won five awards, including Best Actor, for Yul Brynner): so splashy, in fact, that it would require a separate Backstage Blog entry.
Did Cantinflas win an Oscar?
To audiences in most of the world, he is best remembered as co-starring with David Niven in the Oscar–winning film Around the World in 80 Days, for which Moreno won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
|Other names||Mario Moreno|
What does Bogart mean?
1: bully sense 2. 2: to use or consume without sharing. Bogart. biographical name. Bo·gart | ˈbō-ˌgärt
Did Bogart and Hepburn get along?
Humphrey Bogart did not get along with Audrey Hepburn and William Holden. He nicknamed Holden “Smiling Jim”, and said that Hepburn was quite untalented and could not act.
Who did Humphrey Bogart marry?
Lauren Bacall m. 1945–1957 Mayo Methot m. 1938–1945 Mary Philips m. 1928–1937 Helen Menken m. 1926–1927 Хамфри Богарт / Супруг или супруга 75 Years Ago, Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart Got Married on the Most Famous Farm in America. Save this story for later.