- 1 Who was nominated for 4 Oscars in 1981?
- 2 Who has been nominated for the most Academy Awards?
- 3 Who has the most Academy Awards for best actor?
- 4 Who won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1982?
- 5 Did Cape Fear win any Oscars?
- 6 Which nominated movies for Best Picture in 1981 won the Academy Award?
- 7 Who is the only man to win 3 Best Actor Oscars?
- 8 What 11 Oscars did Titanic win?
- 9 Who was the youngest actress to win an Oscar?
- 10 Who has refused an Oscar?
- 11 Which female actor has won the most Oscars?
- 12 What movie received the most Oscars?
- 13 What movies were nominated for best picture in 1982?
- 14 Who won Oscars for On Golden Pond?
- 15 What year did Gandhi win best picture?
Who was nominated for 4 Oscars in 1981?
Ordinary People won four awards, including Best Picture.
Multiple nominations and awards
- 8 nominations: The Elephant Man and Raging Bull.
- 7 nominations: Coal Miner’s Daughter.
- 6 nominations: Fame, Ordinary People and Tess.
- 3 nominations: The Empire Strikes Back, Melvin and Howard, Private Benjamin and The Stunt Man.
Who has been nominated for the most Academy Awards?
A three-time Oscar winner, Meryl Streep holds the record for the most nominations in the acting categories, with a total of 21.
Who has the most Academy Awards for best actor?
Since its inception, the award has been given to 83 actors. Daniel Day-Lewis has received the most awards in this category, with three wins. Spencer Tracy and Laurence Olivier were nominated on nine occasions, more than any other actor.
Who won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1982?
” In all, ”Gandhi” won eight awards, from art direction, costume, cinematography and film editing to Ben Kingsley’s award as best actor.
Did Cape Fear win any Oscars?
The film was a commercial success and garnered positive reviews, receiving Oscar and Golden Globe Award nominations for Best Actor (De Niro) and Best Supporting Actress (Juliette Lewis).
Cape Fear (1991 film)
|Theatrical release poster by John Alvin|
|Directed by||Martin Scorsese|
|Produced by||Barbara De Fina|
|Screenplay by||Wesley Strick|
Which nominated movies for Best Picture in 1981 won the Academy Award?
The Best Picture winner this year was a surprise and major upset win for British producer David Puttnam’s low-budget Chariots of Fire, directed by Hugh Hudson, with seven nominations and four wins.
Who is the only man to win 3 Best Actor Oscars?
Five have won three Academy Awards: Daniel Day-Lewis (three Best Actor awards), Meryl Streep (two Best Actress awards and one Best Supporting Actress award), Jack Nicholson (two Best Actor awards and one Best Supporting Actor award), Ingrid Bergman (two Best Actress awards and one Best Supporting Actress award), and
What 11 Oscars did Titanic win?
Titanic won eleven awards, including Best Picture, a number that is tied with Ben-Hur and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
Films with multiple nominations and awards.
|2||As Good as It Gets|
|Good Will Hunting|
Who was the youngest actress to win an Oscar?
1 Marlee Matlin – Children Of A Lesser God (1986)
Marlee Matlin is not only the youngest Best Leading Actress winner to date, she happens to be the only deaf woman to win the award as well. Her sterling turn in Children of a Lesser God is as deserving a win as there has ever been.
Who has refused an Oscar?
Scott. Scott declined his best actor nomination for “Patton” in 1970, and had the decency to let the Academy know that he would refuse the award if he won. He won anyway, and reportedly called the Oscars a “two-hour meat parade.” Today, the American actor would be irate that the “meat parade” often exceeds four hours.
Which female actor has won the most Oscars?
The most successful figure to date in the history of the Academy Awards is Katharine Hepburn, who won four Oscars throughout her acting career.
What movie received the most Oscars?
Movies with the most Oscars:
- 11 wins. “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” (2003) “Titanic” (1997) “Ben-Hur” (1959)
- 10 wins. “West Side Story” (1961)
- 9 wins. “The English Patient” (1996) “The Last Emperor” (1987) “Gigi” (1958)
- 8 wins. “Slumdog Millionaire” (2008) “Amadeus” (1984) “Gandhi” (1982) “Cabaret” (1972)
What movies were nominated for best picture in 1982?
Chariots of Fire won four awards, including Best Picture.
Multiple nominations and awards
- 12 nominations: Reds.
- 10 nominations: On Golden Pond.
- 8 nominations: Ragtime and Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- 7 nominations: Chariots of Fire.
- 5 nominations: Atlantic City and The French Lieutenant’s Woman.
- 4 nominations: Arthur.
Who won Oscars for On Golden Pond?
It received ten nominations at the 54th Academy Awards, including for the Best Picture and won three; Best Actor (for Fonda), Best Actress (for Hepburn), and Best Adapted Screenplay.
What year did Gandhi win best picture?
Academy Awards, USA 1983
|Winner Oscar||Best Picture Richard Attenborough|
|Best Actor in a Leading Role Ben Kingsley|
|Best Director Richard Attenborough|
|Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen John Briley|
|Best Cinematography Billy Williams Ronnie Taylor|