- 1 Who was the only actor to win 2 Oscars for the same part?
- 2 Who was the first actor to receive two consecutive Oscars in the Best Actor category?
- 3 Who got two Oscar Award?
- 4 Which actor has been nominated for the best actress Academy Award twice while portraying the same Queen?
- 5 What male actor has won the most Oscars?
- 6 Who has won the most Oscars ever?
- 7 What 11 Oscars did Titanic win?
- 8 Has anyone won two Oscars a year?
- 9 Who has the most Oscar nominations without a win?
- 10 Who has most Oscars for Best Actor?
- 11 What movies won the Big 5?
- 12 How many Oscars did Tom and Jerry win?
- 13 Who won best actor twice?
- 14 Who is the only person to have won Academy Awards in both acting and writing categories?
- 15 Who played Queen Elizabeth 1 and 2?
Who was the only actor to win 2 Oscars for the same part?
Harold Russell played ‘Homer Parish’. For this role he received two Oscars, a Best Supporting and one for being an inspiration to all returning veterans. He is the only actor to receive two Oscars for the same role.
Who was the first actor to receive two consecutive Oscars in the Best Actor category?
Two actors have won two consecutive awards: Spencer Tracy – Captains Courageous (1937) and Boys Town (1938) Tom Hanks – Philadelphia (1993) and Forrest Gump (1994)
Who got two Oscar Award?
|Actor/Actress||Best Actor/Actress Awards||Total awards|
|Bette Davis †||Dangerous (1935) Jezebel (1938)||2|
|Spencer Tracy †||Captains Courageous (1937) Boys Town (1938)||2|
|Marlon Brando †||On the Waterfront (1954) The Godfather (1972)||2|
|Jack Lemmon †||Save the Tiger (1973)||2|
Which actor has been nominated for the best actress Academy Award twice while portraying the same Queen?
The actress was nominated twice for playing Queen Elizabeth I in Elizabeth (1998) and Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007).
What male actor has won the most Oscars?
16 Actors With The Most Academy Awards, Ranked
- 1 Jack Nicholson: 3 Wins (12 Nominations)
- 2 Daniel Day-Lewis: 3 Wins (6 Nominations)
- 3 Walter Brennan: 3 Wins (4 Nominations)
- 4 Spencer Tracy: 2 Wins (9 Nominations)
- 5 Marlon Brando: 2 Wins (8 Nominations)
- 6 Jack Lemmon: 2 Wins (8 Nominations)
Who has won the most Oscars ever?
The most successful figure to date in the history of the Academy Awards is Katharine Hepburn, who won four Oscars throughout her acting career. The Academy Awards began in 1929 as a way of celebrating excellence within cinema, and winning an Oscar has long been considered prestigious among stars in the movie industry.
What 11 Oscars did Titanic win?
Titanic won eleven awards, including Best Picture, a number that is tied with Ben-Hur and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
Films with multiple nominations and awards.
|2||As Good as It Gets|
|Good Will Hunting|
Has anyone won two Oscars a year?
List of people who have won multiple Academy Awards in a single year. To date, a total of 73 individuals have achieved this feat on 96 distinct occasions with the multiple winners having won more than one awards that year. The most awards have been won by Walt Disney, who won four Academy Awards in 1954.
Who has the most Oscar nominations without a win?
Peter O’Toole and Glenn Close jointly hold the record for most nominations in the acting categories without a win, with eight, followed by Richard Burton with seven, and Deborah Kerr, Thelma Ritter and Amy Adams with six.
Who has most Oscars for Best Actor?
Since its inception, the award has been given to 83 actors. Daniel Day-Lewis has received the most awards in this category, with three wins. Spencer Tracy and Laurence Olivier were nominated on nine occasions, more than any other actor.
What movies won the Big 5?
Only three films have won all five of these major awards: It Happened One Night (1934), One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975), and The Silence of the Lambs (1991).
How many Oscars did Tom and Jerry win?
MGM’s Tom and Jerry (1940–67) is the category’s most lauded animated series over all, being nominated for a total of 13 Oscars and winning 7.
Who won best actor twice?
Eight actors have won the Best Actor Oscar twice: Spencer Tracy for Captains Courageous (1937) and Boys Town (1938) — consecutive. Marlon Brando for On The Waterfront (1954) and The Godfather (1972) Gary Cooper for Sergeant York (1941) and High Noon (1952)
Who is the only person to have won Academy Awards in both acting and writing categories?
Emma Thompson (UK) (b. 15 April 1959) won best actress in 1993 for her role in Howards End (UK 1991) and was awarded Best Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen for Sense and Sensibility (USA/UK 1995) in 1996, making her the first person ever to win Oscars for both acting and writing.
Who played Queen Elizabeth 1 and 2?
Colman’s performance as Elizabeth II in season three of The Crown has yet to generate any award nominations, though the show itself has won a Golden Globe for best television series, and former Elizabeth II actress Claire Foy won for best performance by an actress in a television series.