- 1 Who was nominated for best supporting actor in 1994?
- 2 Who was nominated for best supporting actor in 1993?
- 3 Who won the best supporting actress Oscar in 1994 at the age of 11?
- 4 Who has won the most Academy Awards for best supporting actor?
- 5 Who was the first black person to host the Oscars?
- 6 What movie won best picture over Shawshank?
- 7 Who was nominated for best actor in 1992?
- 8 Which of these films won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1993?
- 9 Who is the youngest person to win an Oscar?
- 10 Who won best female supporting actress?
- 11 Who presented Oscar for best supporting actress?
- 12 Who has refused an Oscar?
- 13 Who is nominated for Best Supporting Actor 2020?
- 14 Who is the best supporting actor?
Who was nominated for best supporting actor in 1994?
Actor in a Supporting Role
- Tommy Lee Jones. The Fugitive.
- Leonardo DiCaprio. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.
- Ralph Fiennes. Schindler’s List.
- John Malkovich. In the Line of Fire.
- Pete Postlethwaite. In the Name of the Father.
Who was nominated for best supporting actor in 1993?
Al Pacino won the headline with nominations in two categories–best actor and supporting actor, his seventh and eighth Oscar mentions. But the day’s top buzz came when voters tapped Jaye Davidson, a first-time actor and London hairdresser, in the supporting actor category.
Who won the best supporting actress Oscar in 1994 at the age of 11?
Best Supporting Actress winner Anna Paquin, at age 11, became the second youngest winner of a competitive acting Oscar, behind Tatum O’Neal, who won at age 10 for Paper Moon.
Who has won the most Academy Awards for best supporting actor?
Since its inception, the award has been given to 75 actors. Brennan has received the most awards in this category with three awards. Brennan, Jeff Bridges, Robert Duvall, Arthur Kennedy, Jack Nicholson, Claude Rains, and Al Pacino were nominated on four occasions, more than any other actor.
Who was the first black person to host the Oscars?
When Whoopi Goldberg (1950–) hosted the Sixty-sixth Annual Academy Awards telecast on March 21, 1994, she became the first black and the first solo woman ever to host the event. More than one billion people watched the Oscars that year.
What movie won best picture over Shawshank?
“Forrest Gump” beat “Pulp Fiction” and “The Shawshank Redemption” for best picture (1995)
Who was nominated for best actor in 1992?
Actor in a Leading Role
- Anthony Hopkins. The Silence of the Lambs.
- Warren Beatty. Bugsy.
- Robert De Niro. Cape Fear.
- Nick Nolte. The Prince of Tides.
- Robin Williams. The Fisher King.
Which of these films won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1993?
|65th Academy Awards|
|Most awards||Unforgiven (4)|
|Most nominations||Howards End and Unforgiven (9)|
|TV in the United States|
Who is the youngest person to win an Oscar?
Tatum O’Neal starred in Paper Moon alongside her father, Ryan O’Neal. She remains the youngest person to ever win an Oscar. Quinn Cummings may have been nominated for an Oscar, but she didn’t stay in show business for long. Cummings quit acting at 23 and became an author.
Who won best female supporting actress?
Since its inception, the award has been given to 82 actresses.
|Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|The 2019 recipient: Laura Dern|
|Awarded for||Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role|
|Presented by||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS)|
Who presented Oscar for best supporting actress?
Ali, who won best supporting actor last year for Green Book (his second win in the category), will present best supporting actress at the Oscars.
Who has refused an Oscar?
Scott. Scott declined his best actor nomination for “Patton” in 1970, and had the decency to let the Academy know that he would refuse the award if he won. He won anyway, and reportedly called the Oscars a “two-hour meat parade.” Today, the American actor would be irate that the “meat parade” often exceeds four hours.
Who is nominated for Best Supporting Actor 2020?
In the supporting actor category, Tom Hanks is nominated for “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood,” Anthony Hopkins for “The Two Popes,” Al Pacino for “The Irishman,” Joe Pesci for “The Irishman,” and Brad Pitt for “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”
Who is the best supporting actor?
He previously won as producer of “12 Years a Slave.” Brad Pitt has won the Best Supporting Actor Academy Award for his performance as stunt double Cliff Booth in Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”