- 1 Who was the first woman to win an Oscar?
- 2 Who is the oldest actor to win an Academy Award for best actor?
- 3 What actor or actress has won the most Oscars in the history of the Academy Awards?
- 4 Who has won the most Academy Awards for Best Actress?
- 5 Has a woman ever won an Oscar?
- 6 What black woman won an Oscar?
- 7 Who has refused an Oscar?
- 8 Who is the only actor to win 3 Best Actor Oscars?
- 9 What is the longest movie to win best picture?
- 10 Who is the youngest person to win Best Actress?
- 11 What 11 Oscars did Titanic win?
- 12 What movie received the most Oscars?
- 13 Who is the greatest actress of all time?
- 14 Who is the best actor in the world?
- 15 Has any film won all four acting Oscars?
Who was the first woman to win an Oscar?
First Woman To Win A Best Picture Oscar: Julia Phillips
The film’s success paved the way for Julia and Michael to make Taxi Driver just two years later; in 1977, they earned another Best Picture nomination for the dark Martin Scorsese classic.
Who is the oldest actor to win an Academy Award for best actor?
|Oldest Nominee||Christopher Plummer||Age 88|
|Oldest Winner||Christopher Plummer||Age 82|
|Youngest Nominee||Justin Henry||Age 8|
|Youngest Winner||Tatum O’Neal||Age 20|
What actor or actress has won the most Oscars in the history of the Academy Awards?
The most successful figure to date in the history of the Academy Awards is Katharine Hepburn, who won four Oscars throughout her acting career.
Who has won the most Academy Awards for Best Actress?
Katharine Hepburn has won the most awards in this category, with four Oscars. With 17 nominations, Meryl Streep is the most nominated in this category, resulting in two wins.
Has a woman ever won an Oscar?
The first was Lina Wertmüller in 1977 for Seven Beauties, followed by nominations for Jane Campion (The Piano, 1994), Sofia Coppola (Lost in Translation, 2003), Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker, 2010) and Greta Gerwig (Lady Bird, 2018). Bigelow is the first and only woman to win in the category.
What black woman won an Oscar?
The 74th Academy Awards was a banner year for Black actors. Not only did Washington and Poitier take home Oscars, but Halle Berry also took home a golden statue for her dramatic role in Monster’s Ball, making her the only African American woman to date to have won in the Best Actress category.
Who has refused an Oscar?
Scott. Scott declined his best actor nomination for “Patton” in 1970, and had the decency to let the Academy know that he would refuse the award if he won. He won anyway, and reportedly called the Oscars a “two-hour meat parade.” Today, the American actor would be irate that the “meat parade” often exceeds four hours.
Who is the only actor to win 3 Best Actor Oscars?
Five have won three Academy Awards: Daniel Day-Lewis (three Best Actor awards), Meryl Streep (two Best Actress awards and one Best Supporting Actress award), Jack Nicholson (two Best Actor awards and one Best Supporting Actor award), Ingrid Bergman (two Best Actress awards and one Best Supporting Actress award), and
What is the longest movie to win best picture?
The longest winner of Best Picture in Oscars history is 1939’s “Gone with the Wind,” which clocks in at 3 hours, 58 minutes.
Who is the youngest person to win Best Actress?
1 Marlee Matlin – Children Of A Lesser God (1986)
Marlee Matlin is not only the youngest Best Leading Actress winner to date, she happens to be the only deaf woman to win the award as well.
What 11 Oscars did Titanic win?
Titanic won eleven awards, including Best Picture, a number that is tied with Ben-Hur and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
Films with multiple nominations and awards.
|2||As Good as It Gets|
|Good Will Hunting|
What movie received the most Oscars?
Movies with the most Oscars:
- 11 wins. “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” (2003) “Titanic” (1997) “Ben-Hur” (1959)
- 10 wins. “West Side Story” (1961)
- 9 wins. “The English Patient” (1996) “The Last Emperor” (1987) “Gigi” (1958)
- 8 wins. “Slumdog Millionaire” (2008) “Amadeus” (1984) “Gandhi” (1982) “Cabaret” (1972)
Who is the greatest actress of all time?
Top 50 Greatest Actresses of All Time (The Ultimate List)
- Meryl Streep. Actress | Out of Africa.
- Katharine Hepburn. Actress | The Lion in Winter.
- Ingrid Bergman. Actress | Casablanca.
- Bette Davis. Actress | All About Eve.
- Olivia de Havilland. Actress | The Heiress.
- Vivien Leigh. Actress | A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Audrey Hepburn. Actress | Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Greer Garson.
Who is the best actor in the world?
Top 10 Best Actors In The World
- Robert De Niro. Actor | Raging Bull.
- Al Pacino. Actor | Serpico.
- Mammootty. Actor | Mathilukal.
- Tom Hanks. Producer | Cast Away.
- Denzel Washington. Actor | Fences.
- Michael Caine. Actor | The Dark Knight.
- Morgan Freeman. Actor | Se7en.
- Leonardo DiCaprio. Actor | Inception.
Has any film won all four acting Oscars?
As of the 92nd Academy Awards (2019), there have been fifteen films containing at least one nominated performance in each of the four Academy Award acting categories. No film has ever won all four awards.